Judy McGuire: Cert. ConRes.
Judy McGuire, Cert. ConRes., has over 30 years experience working
with individuals, staff and community organizations dealing with complex
issues in stressful and at times traumatic circumstances. She is a trained
professional in Conflict Resolution, certified in Mediation and Negotiation
through the Justice Institute of British Columbia. She has completed
the certification process in Critical Incident Stress Management at
the Justice Institute of British Columbia. She also has a strong background
in community-based organizations in leadership roles, providing expertise
in logistics, communications, collaboration, training, governance and
Under JLM Resolutions,
Ms. McGuire offers Interpersonal Mediation in personal and work settings,
Meeting Facilitation, Critical Incident Support, and training in Personal
Resiliency. Other recent activities have included technical writing
for the Applied Research Division of the Justice Institute, research
and staff training for the Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver,
and classroom education on suicide awareness and response for the Crisis
Centre of British Columbia. Ms. McGuire has strong inter-personal skills.
Empathetic and easy to talk with, she brings years of experience working
in community settings with individuals in stressful situations.
Manager of Adult Programs and Executive Director, Downtown Eastside
Youth Activities Society (DEYAS).
- Supervised the growth of Canada’s first and ultimately
North America’s largest needle exchange;
- Partnered in establishing a mobile ‘Health Van’ to provide on-street
- Directed the adult Alcohol & Drug Counselling Program
- Produced the ‘Bad Date Sheet’ for sex trade workers.
- Oversaw a Youth
- The Youth Action Centre - a Street-youth
- Street Youth Outreach Workers.
Executive Director, Network of Inner City Community Services
Director of Communications and Research, Kaiser Foundation
- The Network of East Vancouver Community Organizations;
- Completion, Citizens’ Police Academy, Vancouver Police Department
- Steering Committee - Downtown Eastside Neighbourhood Safety Office,
in collaboration with the Vancouver Police Department;
- The Four Pillars Coalition;
- The City of Vancouver’s Woodward’s Development and Child and Youth Advocate
- Vancouver Persons with AIDS Society, including
the development of the BC AIDS Network.
Boards and Committees
- Chair, Vancouver Inner-City Community Foundation
- Board Member, RayCam Cooperative Community Centre
- Vancouver Board of Trade participation in the Community Affairs Committee,
the Downtown Eastside Task Force, the Public Safety Task Force, and the
High Risk Youth and Housing Working Groups
- Former Board Member, President and Treasurer, WISH Drop-In Centre Society
for sex trade workers.
Areas of Expertise
- Conflict resolution
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Safety policies and practices
- Meeting Facilitation
- Suicide Awareness
- Mental health issues
- Community frontline services
- Drugs and Addiction
- AIDS, Hepatitis and related conditions
- Community development
- Staff supervision in community settings
- High risk youth issues
» top of page